- Cover Letters
- LinkedIn Optimization
- Job Search Training
- Job Interview Coaching
- Job Seeker Confidence Package
- Outplacement Services
This is your opportunity to optimize your most important career marketing tool.
A great resume is succinct, relevant, and to the point. It highlights your skills, abilities, and knowledge while backing up your claim with specific examples. It leaves out the frills and unnecessary details, while creating an authentic representation of who you are and promoting the best version of your professional self – and landing at the top of the stack!
Your resume is your first impression on potential employers – there are no second chances. This is exactly why your resume should be as unique as you are; it should highlight your best aspects and accomplishments, while passing through Applicant Tracking Systems and attracting the hiring manager’s attention.
In the worst-case scenario, your resume becomes a liability rather than an asset in your job search. In the best-case scenario, your future employer can’t wait to meet you because of your impressive resume!
Whether you are fresh out of college, a victim of downsizing, a stay-at-home parent re-entering the workforce, or a rising executive looking for that next promotion, you need a resume that sets you apart from other candidates vying for the same positions you are. At Top of the Stack Resume, we specialize in creating resumes for professionals at all career levels and in all industries, making sure your document is targeted to answer your next employer’s needs.
To get started, use this form to send any existing versions of your resume: we will then schedule a phone consultation in order to discuss your career goals, your background, and your accomplishments.
Every resume package includes a comprehensive phone consultation, up to two revisions of your documents, an ATS-friendly version, as well as a customized cover letter.
Market trends and employer surveys indicate that cover letters are more important than ever. Whether you email a cover letter or use a paper version, this is your opportunity to spotlight the alignment of your expertise and accomplishments with those of your future employer.
Cover letters need to be short and to the point, while staying interesting and engaging; make sure to address the company’s needs and offer solutions to those needs. If you can impress your reader, show what you can do for the company, and tell a relevant story, then you will be successful in securing interviews.
A custom cover letter is included with each resume.
LinkedIn is a personal branding, professional networking, and lifelong career building tool that every job seeker absolutely must utilize. Used by 600 million people worldwide, it is a professional social media platform that is used by job seekers, employers, and recruiters.
Written in the first person, a LinkedIn profile is NOT a copy of the resume. While using portions of the resume, I work with clients to tell a compelling story by creating an engaging profile that can be used to network for job opportunities and ensure a positive online presence.
LinkedIn profile content is delivered in Microsoft Word format, with each section clearly labeled and client instructions on how to easily upload into the profile.
Most importantly, clients receive coaching on the best and most effective ways of harnessing the power of LinkedIn to propel a successful and targeted job search.
Full access to a recorded E-learning session, where I teach hands-on tools and knowledge for a successful job search. This includes training on optimizing social media presence in order to harness the power of LinkedIn, expand relevant network, improve effectiveness of online activity, and be found by recruiters. Step-by-step instructions on maximizing opportunities on LinkedIn, using the new Google Jobs feature, and tapping into the hidden job market. Includes handouts, screenshots, and a complete system to help job seekers land their next opportunity – because let’s face it, a good resume and LinkedIn profile are just the start of your job search!
Interviewing is not a pleasant experience; in fact, most people dread the interview process. You are judged, you are put on the spot in front of decision makers, and you face the very real possibility of rejection. Doesn’t sound appealing, does it? However, you must prepare for the interview if you want to stand out from the competition and receive that job offer.
Introducing an online course that prepares job seekers for job interviews:
The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Course is a self-study, at-your-own-pace program that offers 4+ hours of quality video content: 27 lessons, over 20 worksheets and handouts, a comprehensive question library, and animations to enhance learning.
The topics range from what to wear to the interview, what to bring, how to research, how to talk about yourself and your accomplishments, how to ask and answer questions, how to handle different interview situations, follow up, talk about money, negotiate, and much, much more. Professionals at all career levels and in all industries will become more confident candidates after taking this course.
This package is designed to serve job seekers who are budget-conscious, yet still want to invest in the essential services to ensure a successful career transition. A customized resume critique, job search training, and job interview preparation are all designed to let job seekers take control of their career journey.
The “Job Seeker Confidence” package includes the following services:
1. Detailed Resume Evaluation/Critique:
- Client will be asked to complete a questionnaire that addresses their work experience, various achievements, and the main relevant details of their work history, along with their intended career goals.
- Once they submit this completed questionnaire, along with their existing resume, I will conduct a thorough evaluation of their documents, and provide significant feedback. This feedback will be in the form of an MS Word document that outlines concrete ways they can improve all sections of their resume: headline, summary, work history, education, etc… along with specific formatting/layout suggestions.
- This document will be customized to each client’s unique situation, and will have examples and solutions tailored to their actual resume. (This service does not include a resume re-write or ongoing feedback.)
2. Job Search Training:
- Recorded E-learning session teaching hands-on tools and skills for a successful job search.
- Instructions on optimizing LinkedIn settings and content to harness the power of LinkedIn, grow relevant network, improve online presence, and be found by recruiters. Attendees learn how to maximize opportunities on LinkedIn, use the new Google Jobs feature, and tap into the hidden job market.
- Includes handouts, screenshots, and a complete system to help job seekers land their next opportunity.
3. Job Interview Preparation:
- Full access to a comprehensive online course that covers all aspects of preparing for a job interview.
- A self-study program with 4+ hours of quality video content: 27 lessons, 20+ worksheets/handouts, a comprehensive question library, and animations to enhance learning. Topics range from what to wear, how to research, how to talk about yourself and your accomplishments, how to ask/answer questions, handle difficult interview situations, follow up, talk about money, negotiate, and much, much more.
- Job seekers will become more confident candidates after completing this course.
This budget-friendly option allows you to select all 3 services for $525, or choose any 2 services for $425.
Employers: Nelly will use her career industry and outplacement expertise to create a comprehensive career transition package to serve your displaced employees’ needs while staying within your budget.
A layoff or downsizing event can be a hard pill to swallow for all involved: leadership, HR professionals, and the displaced employees. With the right pricing, personalized service, and a dedicated team working to service clients’ career needs, Top of the Stack Resume is your partner during this challenging transition.
Be sure to visit the Outplacement page for more details.
I would like to send you a “Top 9 Common Resume Mistakes” tip sheet! Sign up here.
I value your trust and confidentiality, and will only send you periodic, relevant articles and news. Of course, you can unsubscribe at any time.